The bond between a brother and a sister is very beautiful and profound. It is a relationship of a lifetime with all kinds of sweet and sour memories. A sister is the best friend with whom you can share all your life’s worries. On the other hand, a brother can be relied upon for everything, from being a constant support system to one of your biggest fans! In India, the bond between a brother and sister is celebrated by the festival of Raksha Bandhan. On this day, sisters of all ages tie a talisman, or amulet, called the “rakhi”, around the wrists of their brothers, symbolically protecting them, receiving a gift in return, and traditionally investing the brothers with a share of the responsibility of their potential care.
This year, Raksha Bandhan will be observed on Sunday, August 22. Here is a look at some wishes, messages, quotes, images, and Facebook and Whatsapp status to share with your brothers and sisters this Raksha Bandhan.
1. Thanks for always being my pillar of strength. I am very blessed to have a brother like you. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
2. Having a sister like you is like having a best friend in life! Let’s promise to make more jovial memories together. Happy Raksha Bandhan lovely sis!
3. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my childhood leg-puller, my lovely brother, my guardian, and the only person who knows me inside-out. Thanks for always being there. Happy Raksha Bandhan bro!
4. Dearest sister, this Raksha Bandhan, I promise to always be your savior and will always be by your side no matter what. Sending loads of blessings and gifts just for you!
5. A very big thank you for being my companion, my protector, and being equally weird with me. You are the best brother in this world. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
6. We giggle and we cry, we play and we fight. The moments of happiness and sorrows we shared together have made our bond stronger. Wishing you a very Happy Raksha Bandhan.
7. You have always been my best friend, holding my hand, making sure the road I traveled on was free of obstacles. There cannot be a better brother than you in this whole world. Wishing you the best in life always. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
8. It was wonderful growing up with someone like you; someone to bank upon, someone to rely on… someone to tell everything! I love you, dear sister… Happy Raksha Bandhan!
9. You have always been my motivation for making the impossible of things possible always. That’s my bro, no less than a superman making paths smoother. I love you, bro.
10. You take my hand and lead me along paths I would not have dared explore alone. Thanks for all the adventures, my lovely sister. Happy Rakhi!
11. My darling brother, I know I fight with you a lot, but today, at an auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I just want to tell you that you are my world, and being your sister is an honor to me.
12. You are the best gift that I received from my parents. Love you so much, brother! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
13. Happy Raksha Bandhan my brother!!! This Raksha Bandhan, I promise to you that I will never leave to tease you, but whenever you need me in difficult times, I will always be there by your side to protect & support you.
14. Sending you a thread of love that will bind our heart and life and makes our bond of togetherness stronger. Happy Raksha Bandhan! Wishing you a very Happy Raksha Bandhan!!
15. In every phase of my life, you have always supported and loved me. This Raksha Bandhan, I promise to do the same for you and will always stand by your side no matter what. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
16. Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. – Marc Brown
17. A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self. – Marian Sandmaier
18. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. – Amy Li
19. Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. – Vietnamese Proverb
20. Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk. – Susan Scarf Merrell
Disclaimer: “This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor.”